A group of Layout A Day alums have lined up to bring you some ideas on how to prepare for this upcoming LOAD.
I don't know what was i thinking when I signed up for the blog hop lol! :) , because my first time participating I didn't finished, mostly because of health reasons. If you can send me some healthy vibes, I'll appreciate them! ;)
The hop starts with the brain master of this challenge: LAIN
She will link you to the next stop. At the end of this post you'll find the complete list of participants.
So, I was thinking on how to be prepared and came up with few ideas:
1. Set aside a couple of hours a day. I know this can be challenging, but if some days I can make the time to sit down and enjoy my favorite shows (Martha Stewart and Ellen) I can do the same for LOAD and have time to make my daily layout.
2. Purge and organize. Last Friday, I purged my stash very well. It was nice to see things I forgotten I had. I also reorganized a little bit my work space...it looks bigger... yay!!!
3. Make your own kits and/or go thru the kits you receive in the mail. I receive kits and I leave them in the plastic bag they come in, so I plan to check them out to see what I have left on each one. Also, I want to make some kits with papers and embellishments I already own.
4. Print out pictures, If you don't print your pictures at home like me, it's a good idea to order some prints, right now, Walgreens is running a special of 10 cents per print, offers ends January 29. ( I don't work for Walgreen or Costco he!)
I picked these pictures (90) from Costco last Saturday, I paid 13 cents each.
5. Stock up. Couple of months ago I got a great deal and bought lots of refills for my ATG so I'm good in that department. I also love liquid glue and small tape runners, need to make sure I have enough of those too.
Stocking up on the things you used the most is a great idea.
6. Make sure your favorite tools are in good shape. Maybe this is my OCD... but I like to clean my most used tools once in a while... :)
7. Blade refills!! :) Last year I remember I was working on a layout and needed to change the paper trimmer's blade... and I didn't have any left!!!!! This week I need... I must go to Michaels and get a package.
Sooooo, this is my plan, I know as I hop from blog to blog, I'll find more and better ideas from the rest and more experimented ladies participating.
Here is the complete list:
Lain <- Starts here!
Tere <- you are here!
Niki <- Your next stop!
As a thank you for stopping by, I'm giving away a $ 15.00 Gift Certificate, from either Two Peas In a Bucket or Scrapbook.com (up to the winner's choice). Just leave a comment on this post and I'll use random to select the winner and post it by Wednesday.
Now, have fun and keep hopping... Your next stop is NIKKI